January 9th, 2007
Class activities for Tuesday, January 9
Spelling: Today students completed a spelling and skill test. Next up…unit 6. Visit the spelling page to download a copy of the spelling worksheets.
Cursive: Cursive worksheets pp. 54-56 are available and due on Friday.
Reading: Today students presented their Literature Circles projects. Two final presentations will be tomorrow.
Writing: Students started or continued to draft the instructions for recreating their monsters. Tomorrow, we will continue with drafting, and then the final two days of the week will be revising the instructions. The final illustration and published directions page will be due January 19. Search class book in the search box for previous posts on this project.
Math: We practiced identifying pictures to match fractions, and then converted fractions to decimals. Homework is to complete the fractions worksheet from last night, but this time writing the decimals for each picture. Journal pp. 80-81 are also homework. Here is the worksheet from last night.
Science: Today was a brief review of the concepts for tomorrow’s test:
- Electrical circuits
- Conductors and insulators
- How to light a bulb in a circuit
- Electrical safety
- Weather Safety for tornados, thunderstorms, winter storms and floods
Poor behavior choices during math limited our time for test review, and led to more math homework tonight.
Social Studies: We finished our jet tour of the Lower and Upper Peninsulas, today seeing Taquamenon Falls, Marquette, “Copper Country,” Sault Ste. Marie, the Soo Locks, Mt. Arvon, and the Porcupine Mountains. We will have a test over chapters 1 and 2, Michigan’s geography and land, on Thursday.
- Yellows: 4 magnets
- Oranges: 0 magnets
- Reds: 0 magnets
Ask your student what kind of choices they made.
- Juice Volunteers for Friday, January 12: Alex H. and Cole. Click here for a full list of juice volunteers.
- The Candle fundraiser is currently in progress! Click here for more information about this important fundraiser for our Mackinaw trip.
- Upcoming Events: Candle sales (January 5-19); Writing piece due (January 19); Candle orders due (January 23); Candle pick-up (February 4). See the class calendar for more information.
- We are looking for donations of medium and short cardboard tubes (have plenty of short ones, thanks!) for class projects. The tubes can be sent in any time during the year; this project will be on-going. Thanks for any help you can give!