January 10th, 2007
***A guest teacher was with us this morning.***
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 54-56 are available and due on Friday.
Reading: The final Literature Circles projects were presented today.
Writing: Students continued to draft or revise their instructions for recreating their monsters. The final illustration and published directions page will be due January 19. Search class book in the search box for previous posts on this project.
Math: We started a decimals pretest, and reviewed fractions and decimals, converting between them and representing with pictures.
Science: Today students completed a science test over these concepts:
- Electrical circuits
- Conductors and insulators
- How to light a bulb in a circuit
- Electrical safety
- Weather Safety for tornados, thunderstorms, winter storms and floods
Social Studies: We played a game to review for tomorrow’s test over chapters 1 and 2, Michigan’s geography and land.
- Yellows: 1 magnets
- Oranges: 3 magnets
- Reds: 0 magnets
Ask your student what kind of choices they made.
- Juice Volunteers for Friday, January 12: Alex H. and Cole. Click here for a full list of juice volunteers.
- The Candle fundraiser is currently in progress! Click here for more information about this important fundraiser for our Mackinaw trip.
- Upcoming Events: Candle sales (January 5-19); Writing piece due (January 19); Candle orders due (January 23); Candle pick-up (February 4). See the class calendar for more information.
- We are looking for donations of medium and short cardboard tubes (have plenty of short ones, thanks!) for class projects. The tubes can be sent in any time during the year; this project will be on-going. Thanks for any help you can give!