February 9th, 2007
Cursive: Cursive pp. 60-62 were reviewed today.
Reading: None today due to the school-wide writing prompt.
Writing: We talked about another type of lead called a talking lead. This lead is created when the writer begins with some dialogue. A piece of writing was due today. The next piece of writing is due March 2.
Math: Today was Math Skills, and students also completed a review MiniQuiz over metric measurement and unit conversion (meters to centimeters, millimeters to meters).
Science Inquiry: Students investigated their testable questions in Science Inquiry. Most students focused on flight, electricity, ramps and rollers, and magnets.
- Yellows: 1 magnet
- Oranges: 0 magnets
- Reds: 0 magnets
Ask your student what kind of choices they made.
The Weekly Wrap (our week in 60 seconds):
- Spelling: suffixes and irregular verbs
- Cursive: worksheet pp. 60-62
- Reading: Literature Circles groups, WEB and Esperanza Rising
- Writing: Learned about snapshot and talking leads, writing piece due this week
- Math: Review of metric measurement, conversion and decimal addition/subtraction
- Science: Different colors can combine to make white light
- Social Studies: Three Fires Indians of Michigan and the Huron Indians
- Candle pick-up Monday, February 12, from 4-7 pm in the small gym.
- Feb Factor Valentine’s party next Wednesday from 2-4 pm!
- Juice Volunteers: We are at the end of our volunteer list, so we’ll be creating a new list this week.
- Upcoming Events: New writing piece due (March 2); Straits of Mackinaw field trip (May 11). See the class calendar for more information.
- We are looking for donations of medium and long cardboard tubes (have plenty of short ones, thanks!) for class projects. The tubes can be sent in any time during the year; this project will be on-going. Thanks for any help you can give!