February 12th, 2007
Class activities for Monday, February 12
Spelling: Today we focused on words that have multiple meanings (draw, run, play). The unit 7 worksheets are available here.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 63-65 are available and will be due next week.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: None today due to technology. The next piece of writing is due March 2.
Math: We reviewed for the math test that will be tomorrow over the following concepts:
- metric measurement
- metric unit conversion (mm, cm and m)
- decimal addition and subtraction
- naming numbers as fractions and decimals
Science: We reviewed the Circles of Light experiment and discovered that white light is made of millions of different colors of light, and that different colors of light can combine to make white light. We also wrote notes about these important ideas in our minibooks.
Social Studies: We learned about the Huron Indians and found out that they were master farmers who specialized in growing corn.
- Yellows: 0 magnets
- Oranges: 0 magnets
- Reds: 0 magnets
Ask your student what kind of choices they made.
- Candle pick-up Monday, February 12, from 4-7 pm in the small gym.
- Feb Factor Valentine’s party this Wednesday from 2-4 pm!
- Juice Volunteers: A new volunteer list will be sent home soon.
- Upcoming Events: New writing piece due (March 2); Straits of Mackinaw field trip (May 11). See the class calendar for more information.
- We are looking for donations of medium and long cardboard tubes (have plenty of short ones, thanks!) for class projects. The tubes can be sent in any time during the year; this project will be on-going. Thanks for any help you can give!