March 29th, 2007
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of seven or more words each are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day for Literature Circles. We also had WEB.
Writing: Students researched their “I-search” topic on the Internet. It might be a good idea to visit McFarlen or Baker Park Library and look for more books, and use the computers while you’re at it, to find more information about the selected topic. This project will be due on April 27, but will likely be presented on April 30.
Math: We discussed the multiples of 10 strategy to divide, and remainders. Homework is to finish Math Boxes 6.2.
Science: We used tongue depressors to investigate the relationship between length and pitch. We found out that longer objects create lower pitches, and shorter objects create higher pitches.
Social Studies: We finished reading about Pontiac’s Rebellion and found out that the Native Americans did not defeat the British, but they did get their land back, fair trades and respect.
- Yellows: 5 magnets
- Oranges: 1 magnet
- Reds: 0 magnets
Ask your student what kind of choices they made.
- Juice Volunteers for Friday, March 30: David and Erin. Click here for a list of volunteers.
- Read-a-thon Mackinaw Fundraser on Friday! Click here for details. Donations are due Friday.
- Thank you to the nine chaperones who have volunteered for the Mackinaw trip. At this point, we have no more availability for additional chaperones. Spaces may open up as the trip gets closer.
- Spring Conference times are now available for April 2, 3 and 4! Sign up at the office windows.
- Upcoming Events: Read-a-thon Mackinaw Fundraser (March 30); Spring Conferences (April 2, 3 and 4); New writing piece due (April 27); Straits of Mackinaw field trip (May 11). See the class calendar for more information.
- We are looking for donations of medium and long cardboard tubes (have plenty of short ones, thanks!) for class projects. The tubes can be sent in any time during the year; this project will be on-going. Thanks for any help you can give!