March 28th, 2007
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of seven or more words each are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a discussion day for Literature Circles.
Writing: Students wrote an interesting question for their nonfiction “I-search” project we just began this week. Interesting questions we talked about include:
- What if…?
- What is the best/worst/biggest/tallest/ grossest/fastest/slowest/most dangerous…?
- What would it be like to be/live…?
- Why would you not want to…?
Students also checked out books at the library this morning to research their topic. This project will be due on April 27, but will likely be presented on April 30. Find out what your student is researching!
Math: We used a multiples of 10 strategy to divide. Homework is to finish Journal pp. 147-149.
Science: We brainstormed examples of sound sources and sound receivers, talked about pitch, and learned that higher pitches make faster vibrations, and lower pitches make slower vibrations.
Social Studies: None today due to extra time with writing.
- Yellows: 3 magnets
- Oranges: 3 magnets
- Reds: 0 magnets
Ask your student what kind of choices they made.
- Juice Volunteers for Friday, March 30: David and Erin. Click here for a list of volunteers.
- Read-a-thon Mackinaw Fundraser on Friday! Click here for details. Donations are due Friday.
- Thank you to the nine chaperones who have volunteered for the Mackinaw trip. At this point, we have no more availability for additional chaperones. Spaces may open up as the trip gets closer.
- Spring Conference times are now available for April 2, 3 and 4! Sign up at the office windows.
- Upcoming Events: Read-a-thon Mackinaw Fundraser (March 30); Spring Conferences (April 2, 3 and 4); New writing piece due (April 27); Straits of Mackinaw field trip (May 11). See the class calendar for more information.
- We are looking for donations of medium and long cardboard tubes (have plenty of short ones, thanks!) for class projects. The tubes can be sent in any time during the year; this project will be on-going. Thanks for any help you can give!