April 23rd, 2007
Spelling: None today due to making invitations for the Volunteer Appreciation Lunch, which will be on Thursday, May 3, from 11:20-1:20 in the McGrath library. The unit 9 worksheets will be due on Tuesday. The unit 10 worksheets are available here.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of seven or more words are due each Friday.
Reading: None today due to extra work time for I-search presentations.
Writing: Students worked on their “I-search” PowerPoint presentation. This project will be presented on Tuesday, May 1.
Math: We reviewed division by playing a math game. Homework is to complete five division problems, checked and signed by a parent.
Science: We reviewed the recent pitch experiments and found out that the tighter the object, the higher the pitch, and the looser the object, the lower the pitch. We also took notes in our sound mini-books. Homework is to complete a response sheet.
Social Studies: We made new “Americans Come to Michigan” mini-books, and started learning about the territory Michigan was in after the American Revolution.
- Yellows: 1 magnet
- Oranges: 0 magnets
- Reds: 1 magnet
Ask your student what kind of choices they made.
- Would you like to be a moderator for KIC? We are looking for parents will to moderate student presentations for Kids’ Inquiry Conference on April 27. The moderators will introduce students and start the discussion after the presentation by asking questions and asking for student questions. Contact me if you are interested.
- Thank you, volunteers! Come to our Volunteer Appreciation Lunch on Thursday, May 3, from 11:20-1:20 in the McGrath library. RSVP here by Wednesday, April 25.
- Juice Volunteers for Friday, May 4: Joshua W. and Alex S. Click here for a list of volunteers.
- Thank you to the nine chaperones who have volunteered for the Mackinaw trip. At this point, we have no more availability for additional chaperones. Spaces may open up as the trip gets closer.
- Upcoming Events:
- We are looking for donations of medium and long cardboard tubes (have plenty of short ones, thanks!) for class projects. The tubes can be sent in any time during the year; this project will be on-going. Thanks for any help you can give!