April 24th, 2007
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of seven or more words are due each Friday.
Reading: Students previewed and selected books for the next Literature Circles cycle. This cycle’s theme is “dogs,” including the following books:
- Because of Winn-Dixie
- Old Yeller
- Dog Watch: Trouble in Pembrook
Writing: Students worked on their “I-search” PowerPoint presentations. This project will be presented on Tuesday, May 1.
Math: We practiced multiplication and division number stories. Homework is to complete Journal pp. 150, 151, 153, and 154.
Science: None today due to art.
Social Studies: We learned that the Native Americans attacked pioneers coming into the Michigan area, but were defeated by an American army. After Ohio became a state, Michigan became its own territory. Homework is to complete a Jeopardy worksheet about making questions to match important ideas from what we learned about today.
- Yellows: 2 magnets
- Oranges: 0 magnets
- Reds: 0 magnets
Ask your student what kind of choices they made.
- Would you like to be a moderator for KIC? We are looking for parents will to moderate student presentations for Kids’ Inquiry Conference on April 27. The moderators will introduce students and start the discussion after the presentation by asking questions and asking for student questions. Contact me if you are interested.
- Thank you, volunteers! Come to our Volunteer Appreciation Lunch on Thursday, May 3, from 11:20-1:20 in the McGrath library. RSVP here by Wednesday, April 25.
- Juice Volunteers for Friday, May 4: Joshua W. and Alex S. Click here for a list of volunteers.
- Thank you to the nine chaperones who have volunteered for the Mackinaw trip. At this point, we have no more availability for additional chaperones. Spaces may open up as the trip gets closer.
- We are looking for donations of medium and long cardboard tubes (have plenty of short ones, thanks!) for class projects. The tubes can be sent in any time during the year; this project will be on-going. Thanks for any help you can give!
- Upcoming Events: