October 9th, 2007
Spelling: None today due to the MEAP English Language Arts test.
Cursive: None this week due to the MEAP test.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles. We discussed the “Passage Picker” job using Esperanza Rising.
Writing: Today was a work day in Writer’s Workshop. Students finalized their drafts, revised or had conferences with a partner. The next piece of writing, a personal memory or story, is due on October 12. Students should be revising by now in order to finish on time.
Math: None today due to art.
Science: None today due to the MEAP test.
Social Studies: None due to the MEAP test.
- Yellow magnets: 3
- Orange magnets: 3
- Red magnets: 0
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Fundraiser orders are due this Monday, October 15.
- We’ll be taking the MEAP test this week and next, so plenty of sleep and a good breakfast will be two ingredients for test success!
- View grades, assignments and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: William and Katie