October 10th, 2007
Class activities for Wednesday, October 10
Spelling: None this week due to the MEAP English Language Arts test.
Cursive: None this week due to the MEAP test.
Reading: Today we started our first practice cycle of Literature Circles. Students were grouped according to their last STAR reading assessment level (you can see this level on SnapGrades). Students chose their job sheet and started reading their new book.
Writing: Today was a work day in Writer’s Workshop. Students should be revising and or editing at this point. The next piece of writing, a personal memory or story, is due on October 12.
Math: Today we reviewed polygons and did an experiment to count the number of faces, edges and vertices of three-dimensional figures. Students also were asked to determine the shape of the faces of the 3-D figures. Homework is to complete Puzzle Page 38 about 3-D figures.
Science: None today due to the MEAP test.
Social Studies: None due to the MEAP test.
- Yellow magnets: 6
- Orange magnets: 1
- Red magnets: 0
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Fundraiser orders are due this Monday, October 15.
- We’ll be taking the MEAP test this week and next, so plenty of sleep and a good breakfast will be two ingredients for test success!
- View grades, assignments and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: William and Katie