October 11th, 2007
Spelling: None this week due to the MEAP English Language Arts test.
Cursive: None this week due to the MEAP test.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: We talked about how there are several ways to revise: add something new, take something out that doesn’t belong, replace something. Students should be editing or publishing at this point. The next piece of writing, a personal memory or story, is due on October 12.
Math: Today we played a game to review for the geometry test coming up on Monday. The test will assess the following concepts:
- Recognizing, naming and drawing two- and three-dimensional figures
- Determining edges, faces, vertices and face shapes of 3-D figures
- Naming and drawing rays, lines, line segments and angles
- Recognizing symmetry and transformations (flips, turns, slides)
Science: None today due to the MEAP test.
Social Studies: None due to the MEAP test.
- Yellow magnets: 3
- Orange magnets: 1
- Red magnets: 0
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Fundraiser orders are due this Monday, October 15.
- We’ll be taking the MEAP test this week and next, so plenty of sleep and a good breakfast will be two ingredients for test success!
- View grades, assignments and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: William and Katie