October 12th, 2007
Spelling: None this week due to the MEAP English Language Arts (ELA) test.
Cursive: None this week due to the MEAP test.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles. This was also the final day of the MEAP ELA test.
Writing: We learned that a theme, such as a sister’s silly questions, is one way to focus a piece of writing and make it easier to write. Students finished publishing their piece of writing due into portfolios today. The next piece of writing, a personal narrative, is due on November 2.
Math: Today we played a game to review for the geometry test coming up on Monday. The test will assess the following concepts:
- Recognizing, naming and drawing two- and three-dimensional figures
- Determining edges, faces, vertices and face shapes of 3-D figures
- Naming and drawing rays, lines, line segments and angles
- Recognizing symmetry and transformations (flips, turns, slides)
Science: Students got a preview of new Science Inquiry materials.
Social Studies: None due to the MEAP test.
- Yellow magnets: 3
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Fundraiser orders are due this Monday, October 15.
- We’ll be taking the MEAP test this week and next, so plenty of sleep and a good breakfast will be two ingredients for test success!
- View grades, assignments and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: Emma and Caleb