October 15th, 2007
Class activites for Monday, October 15
Spelling: Today was a Word Preview of upcoming spelling words.
Cursive: Cursive pages 26-28 were made available and are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: None today due to technology. The next piece of writing, a personal narrative, is due on November 2.
Math: Today was the geometry test over the following concepts:
- Recognizing, naming and drawing two- and three-dimensional figures
- Determining edges, faces, vertices and face shapes of 3-D figures
- Naming and drawing rays, lines, line segments and angles
- Recognizing symmetry and transformations (flips, turns, slides)
Science: We learned that the earth is a giant magnet and about how and why compasses work. Homework is to complete the “Earth as a Magnet” Investigation Review.
Social Studies: We read about the colorful seasons of the Northeast and took notes on our SQ3R organizer (survey, question, read, recite, review).
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 4
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- We’ll be taking the MEAP test this week, so plenty of sleep and a good breakfast will be two ingredients for test success!
- View grades, assignments and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: Emma and Caleb