November 2nd, 2007
Spelling: Today was the Unit 3 word preview. Look for a Words to Learn list from Unit 2 to come home on Monday.
Cursive: Cursive pages 32-34 were due today. Sadly, approximately 12 students chose to work on their cursive during their recess, instead of having their cursive done during the week. Ask your student what choices they made.
Reading: Today was a Literature Circles discussion day.
Writing: Today was the final publishing day for the final piece of writing of the marking period. The next piece of writing is due November 28.
Math: Today was a MiniQuiz over the data landmarks: maximum, minimum, range, mode and median. We also had Math Skills. Ask your student what they were working on today!
Science: We reviewed our experiment from Monday about different ways to connect the parts of a circuit. We also had Science Inquiry today. Students explored magnets, electricity, weight and designing ramps.
Social Studies: None on Fridays. We will have a test over US Regions on Tuesday.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 2
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Today was the end of the first marking period. (Cue comments about how time flies!)
- Fall Conferences are coming up on November 13-15. Sign up online here.
- View grades, assignments and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!