November 9th, 2007
Spelling: Students completed the Unit 2 Skill test today over /k/ spelling patterns.
Cursive: Cursive pages 35-37 were due today.
Reading: Today was a Literature Circles reading day. Some students worked on determining importance.
Writing: Today was a work day and the first drafting day. Ask your student what topic they are working on! The next piece of writing is due November 28.
Math: Today was Math Skills Online. Thursday’s homework is to finish Journal pp. 42-45 by Monday.
Science: We discussed the On and Off experiment and discovered that…
- …circuits are a path for electricity,
- …open circuits keep electricity from flowing, and
- …closed circuits allow electricity to flow.
Social Studies: None on Fridays.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 4
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- The Candle fundraiser started this week and continues through November 26. This is our biggest fundraiser for our spring Mackinac trip.
- Fall Conferences are coming up next week on November 13-15. Sign up online here.
- View grades, assignments and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!