November 8th, 2007
Class activities for Thursday, November 8
Spelling: We practiced identifying spelling patterns for the /k/ sound.
Cursive: Cursive pages 35-37 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Today was a Literature Circles discussion day.
Writing: We talked about strategies for fixing spelling errors, such as asking someone, looking the word up, finding it in a book, or spelling it different ways. Today was a prewriting day. The next piece of writing is due November 28.
Math: We made a class bar graph today. Homework is to finish Journal pp. 42-45 by Monday.
Science: None today due to library.
Social Studies: We received new Michigan textbooks and made new government minibooks.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 3
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- The Candle fundraiser started today and continues through November 26. This is our biggest fundraiser for our spring Mackinac trip.
- Fall Conferences are coming up on November 13-15. Sign up online here.
- View grades, assignments and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!