November 7th, 2007
Spelling: Students finished up their fall greeting wreaths.
Cursive: Cursive pages 35-37 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Today was a Literature Circles reading day.
Writing: We learned that using choice adjectives helps make the writing more interesting and specific (blazing heat, not just heat). Today was a prewriting day. The next piece of writing is due November 28.
Math: We practiced the partial sums method of addition today. Homework is to complete 15 addition problems on a worksheet using the partial sums method.
Science: We finished our experiment to design a circuit with a switch. Homework is to finish the analyze and conclude questions.
Social Studies: Today was the regions test. Next up, government!
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- The Candle fundraiser started today and continues through November 26. This is our biggest fundraiser for our spring Mackinac trip.
- Fall Conferences are coming up on November 13-15. Sign up online here.
- View grades, assignments and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!