November 12th, 2007
Spelling: We identified patterns for the /long e/ sound today: e, ee, ea, y
Cursive: Cursive pages 38-40 are available and due Friday. This is the final week for the lowercase letter review. Check and see how your student is doing with lowercase cursive letters.
Reading: Today was a Literature Circles discussion day.
Writing: None due to technology. Students worked on adding text to their PowerPoint inspirational poster project.
The next piece of writing is due November 28.
Math: We practiced making bar graphs today. Homework is to come up with a question to survey the class about. We’ll use the survey results to make a bar graph.
Science: We completed the Stop and Go experiment about conductors and insulators. Homework is to finish the analyze and conclude questions.
Social Studies: We finished up our government minibooks and started learning about the state government, including some of the services it provides and how it is funded with tax dollars.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 3
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- The Candle fundraiser has started and continues through November 26. This is our biggest fundraiser for our spring Mackinac trip.
- Fall Conferences are this week, November 13-15. Check your conference time here.
- View grades, assignments and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!