November 13th, 2007
Spelling: We identified words that fit patterns for the /long e/ sound: e, ee, ea, y
Cursive: Cursive pages 38-40 are available and due Friday. This is the final week for the lowercase letter review. Check and see how your student is doing with lowercase cursive letters.
Reading: Today was a Literature Circles reading day. Some groups worked on making inferences and synthesizing (combining information together to make a new conclusion or idea).
Writing: Students looked at their last portfolio grade and some students shared their writing. Today was also a drafting day for students. The next piece of writing is due November 28.
Math: Students surveyed the class about a question, made a tally chart, and started making a bar graph of the data. Homework is to finish a rough draft of the bar graph.
Science: We reviewed the Stop and Go experiment about conductors and insulators and discovered that most conductors are metals; however, we did see in class that salt water (and therefore, humans!) is a conductor.
Social Studies: We learned about government services and about the branches of government: legislative (laws), executive (make sure people follow the laws), and judicial (make sure the laws are fair).
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Half days for the rest of the week, 12:27 pm dismissal.
- The Candle fundraiser has started and continues through November 26. This is our biggest fundraiser for our spring Mackinac trip.
- Fall Conferences are this week, November 13-15. Check your conference time here.
- View grades, assignments and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!