November 15th, 2007
Spelling: We learned that adding the letter h to other consonants makes a new sound in the patterns, sh, th, wh, ph, ch.
Cursive: Cursive pages 38-40 are available and due Friday. This is the final week for the lowercase letter review. Check and see how your student is doing with lowercase cursive letters.
Reading: None today due to the half day schedule.
Writing: None today due to the half day schedule. The next piece of writing is due November 28.
Math: None today due to the half day schedule.
Science: Students made electricity minibooks and we started reading about circuits.
Social Studies: We learned about how a bill is made into a law and reviewed the three branches of government.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Half days for the rest of the week, 12:27 pm dismissal.
- The Candle fundraiser has started and continues through November 26. This is our biggest fundraiser for our spring Mackinac trip.
- View grades, assignments and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!