December 5th, 2007
Class activities for Wednesday, December 5
Spelling: We reviewed spelling patterns for the /s/ sound: s, ss, sc, ce, ci, cy
Cursive: None this week.
Reading: Today was a Literature Circles reading day. Some groups worked on inferring.
Writing: We talked about bringing characters to life using action, description, dialogue and the reaction of other characters. Today was also a drafting day. The next piece of writing is due December 20.
Math: We reviewed these concepts related to multiplication:
- factors (numbers multiplied to get a product)
- products (the answer to a multiplication problem)
- multiples (more than one product, 2, 4, 6, or 5, 10, 15)
- prime numbers (numbers that have only two factors, one and itself)
We planned a project to review these ideas. Students were to choose a product, make a factor tree to list the factors below the product, write three multiples in boxes below the tree, and make a smaller factor tree with a prime number. Homework is to finish the plan for this project. Here is an example project for ideas.
Science: We watched a movie to review being safe with electricity
Social Studies: None due to an extra science time.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 3
- Current Hours with No Magnets: 105
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- View grades, assignments and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!