December 19th, 2007
***Grand Blanc Lanes field trip on Wednesday, December 19***
Click here for a permission slip
Spelling: Today was a spelling test and skill test over /s/ spelling patterns. Note that we will begin to quicken the pace of spelling, so we should have a test every 10 days or so.
Cursive: Five cursive sentences of seven or more words are due Thursday.
Reading: Students worked on their Literature Circles projects, which will be presented on Thursday.
Writing: Today was an editing day. We also talked about using details to make the setting come alive. The next piece of writing is due December 20.
Math: We reviewed true and false number sentences and the use of parentheses.
Science: Students finalized their Wicked Weather skits and will perform them tomorrow.
Social Studies: None today due to Gift Factory.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 31
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Mexican Christmas Fiesta coming on Friday, December 21! Click here for a volunteer list.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!