January 14th, 2008
Spelling: Today we reviewed adjectives as a way to provide more information for a noun. We will have a spelling test on Wednesday.
Cursive: Cursive pages 53-55 are available and due Thursday.
Reading: Today was a Literature Circles discussion day.
Writing: Students started publishing today for our class book entitled, Freedom Fighters: Our way of saying thank you to our troops.
Math: We practiced logic problems today. Homework is to complete Journal pages 73-75.
Science: We played a review game to practice for tomorrow’s test about electricity, weather and safety.
Social Studies: We reviewed Michigan’s natural resources:
- minerals: iron, copper, salt, limestone
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 3
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 119
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- The second marking period and first semester ends on Thursday, January 17; all work for this marking period must be turned in by that date.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!