January 15th, 2008
Spelling: Today we played spelling bingo to review /j/ spelling patterns, which will be the skill assessed on tomorrow’s spelling test.
Cursive: Cursive pages 53-55 are available and due Thursday.
Reading: Today was a Literature Circles reading day.
Writing: Students continued to publish for our class book entitled, Freedom Fighters: Our way of saying thank you to our troops.
Math: We played a game to review for tomorrow’s math test over these concepts:
- multiplication/division facts
- true/false number sentences
- <,> and (parentheses)
- open sentences
- number stories
- logic problems
Science: We took a science test about electricity, weather and safety.
Social Studies: We learned that Michigan has two regions, the Upper and Lower Peninsulas. We also took a MiniQuiz today over weather and climate, and Michigan’s natural resources. Homework is to finish worksheet pages 1 and 3.
- Yellow magnets: 4
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 3
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 126
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- The second marking period and first semester ends on Thursday, January 17; all work for this marking period must be turned in by that date.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!