January 17th, 2008
Spelling: Today students completed a spelling test and skill test about /j/ spelling patterns. Unit 5 worksheets are due tomorrow.
Cursive: Cursive pages 53-55 are available and due tomorrow.
Reading: Today was a Literature Circles discussion day.
Writing: Students started illustrating for our class book entitled, Freedom Fighters: Our way of saying thank you to our troops.
Orders for a copy of the book are due tomorrow, Thursday, January 17.
Math: Students completed a test today over these concepts:
- multiplication/division facts
- true/false number sentences
- <,> and (parentheses)
- open sentences
- number stories
- logic problems
Science: We started a discussion on forms of energy by completing an energy scavenger hunt around the school. Homework is to complete the Energy Hunt.
Social Studies: We graded yesterday’s homework and made plans for a “scripted tour” of Michigan. The charter plane from Imagi Nation should be here any day now!
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 2
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 133
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- The second marking period and first semester ends on Thursday, January 17; all work for this marking period must be turned in by that date.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!