February 26th, 2008
Class activities for Tuesday, February 26
Family members, please add your thoughts to our weekly blog post entitled, Is stealing ever ok? Check out the article and scroll to the bottom to post a comment!
Spelling: We reviewed the idea that suffixes added to the end of base words create a new word.
Cursive: No new cursive assignment yet.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles. Some groups worked on questioning as a reading strategy.
Writing: Today was an editing day. A piece of fiction is due February 29.
Math: Students visited stations to practice metric measurement, decimal addition and subtraction, and metric unit conversion. Homework is for students to create to at least two of each of these problems and have a parent sign the paper after checking:
- metric measurement (draw and measure two lines)
- decimal addition and subtraction
- metric unit conversion (e.g., change meters into centimeters)
Science: None today due to the social studies test.
Social Studies: Students completed a test over the first people of Michigan.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 12
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!