March 3rd, 2008
Family members, please add your thoughts to our weekly blog post entitled, Is stealing ever ok? Check out the article and scroll to the bottom to post a comment!
Spelling: Today we reviewed consonant blends (st, str, ft, br).
Cursive: We have now reviewed the upper and lowercase cursive alphabet. Now for practice, the weekly cursive assignment will be to write ten cursive sentences of at least seven words each.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on summarizing and synthesizing.
Writing: None today due to technology and an assembly. Students turned in a piece of fiction writing today. Students also looked at the comments on their last piece. I told them that they are allowed to use my suggestions to revise this piece and turn it back in on Friday.
I also suggested that they use MrHowd.com Google Docs (every student has an account at docs.mrhowd.com) to type their story and share it with me. I can type comments back and make suggestions. No extra software is needed for the Google Docs word processor; just an internet connection.
The next piece of writing, a persuasive Take-a-Stand piece, is due Thursday, March 20.
Math: We started a unit on multiplication with some practice with extended multiplication facts (6*4=24, 6*40=240). Homework is to complete Journal pp. 112-114.
- Yellow magnets: 3
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 24
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Read-a-Thon this Friday, March 7! This is the last organized fundraiser before our Mackinac trip.
- March is Reading Month. Class goal: 100 books (not just picture books) by March 28!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers (full list): Christian and Zach P. Thanks for your generosity!