February 29th, 2008
Family members, please add your thoughts to our weekly blog post entitled, Is stealing ever ok? Check out the article and scroll to the bottom to post a comment!
Spelling: Yesterday, students added the th suffix to number words (forty to fortieth). Today students practiced their spelling words.
Cursive: No new cursive assignment this week.
Reading: Yesterday was a reading day and today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: Yesterday and today were editing days. Today we talked about keeping a balance between general and specific information. A piece of fiction is due Monday, March 3.
Math: Yesterday, students took a math test over these concepts:
- metric measurement
- decimal addition and subtraction
- comparing and ordering decimals
- metric unit conversion
Science: Students worked on shadow puppet plays yesterday; none today.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 16
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Read-a-Thon next Friday! This is the last organized fundraiser before our Mackinac trip.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers (full list): Christian and Zach P. Thanks for your generosity!