March 17th, 2008
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of at least seven words each are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on making connections.
Writing: None today due to technology.
Students are continuing to work on a Take-a-Stand piece. (Here is a full explanation of the parts of a Take-a-Stand persuasive piece.)
The next piece of writing, a persuasive Take-a-Stand piece, is due Thursday, March 20.
Math: We practiced estimating products today. Homework is to finish Journal pp. 122-124.
Science: None today due to our St. Patrick’s activities.
Social Studies: We read about Michigan’s role in the Underground Railroad. Homework is to finish review worksheet p. 19.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 22
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- March is Reading Month. Class goal: 100 books (limit of two “just right” picture books for each student) by March 28!
- Progress reports were sent home today.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers (full list): Jadin and Hannah. Thanks for your generosity!
- Visit our Mackinaw Field Trip page for more information on our May 9 trip.