March 18th, 2008
Spelling: Students received the Unit 8 spelling packet today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of at least seven words each are due Friday.
Reading: Today was the final reading day of this cycle of Literature Circles; some groups worked on visualizing and making connections.
Find example Take-a-Stand pieces here, and a full explanation of the parts of a Take-a-Stand persuasive piece here.
The next piece of writing, a persuasive Take-a-Stand piece, is due Thursday, March 20.
Math: Students learned a new multiplication method today called partial products. Homework is to finish Journal pp. 125.
Science: Students created a code using sounds to send messages to other students. Homework is to finish the Dropping In response sheet.
Social Studies: We reviewed Michigan’s role in the Underground Railroad and took notes in our minibooks.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 30
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- March is Reading Month. Class goal: 100 books (limit of two “just right” picture books for each student) by March 28!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers (full list): Jadin and Hannah. Thanks for your generosity!
- Visit our Mackinaw Field Trip page for more information on our May 9 trip.