March 20th, 2008
***A guest teacher was with us yesterday, so those activities are included in today’s post.***
Spelling: Students worked on the Unit 8 spelling worksheets yesterday. None today due to discussing yesterday’s class behavior (75% good choices, 25% poor choices).
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of at least seven words each are due Friday. This week’s assignment will be due Monday.
Reading: Yesterday and today were the final reading and discussion days of this cycle of Literature Circles. Students also started planning their Literature Circles project today.
Find example Take-a-Stand pieces here, and a full explanation of the parts of a Take-a-Stand persuasive piece here.
This piece is now due Monday, March 24. Since we are going to email this piece to the Flint Journal and the letter addressee, it would be helpful to have the document typed on Google Docs (docs.mrhowd.com). I can also provide comments and suggestions if the document is shared with me as a collaborator.
Math: Students practiced the partial products method of multiplication yesterday and today.
Science: None today.
Social Studies: Students completed a MiniQuiz about the Underground Railroad today.
- Yellow magnets: 6
- Orange magnets: 2
- Red magnets: 1
- STAR Awards: 0
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 7
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
Hoppy Easter, everyone!
- March is Reading Month. Class goal: 100 books (limit of two “just right” picture books for each student) by March 28!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers (full list): Jadin and Hannah. Thanks for your generosity!
- Visit our Mackinaw Field Trip page for more information on our May 9 trip.