March 25th, 2008
Spelling: We reviewed suffixes, and prefixes for the word “not,” such as non- or un-.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of at least seven words each are due Friday.
Reading: Students continued to work on their Literature Circles projects today.
- What would it be like to be/live…?
- What would be different if…?
- What are the best / worst / strangest / biggest / most amazing / weirdest…?
- What are some reasons not to…?
They will then research their question using print and internet sources and create a digital presentation using PowerPoint or MrHowd.com Google Docs presentation software. Students are collecting their research on our I-Search 2008 class wiki. Later, students will present their findings to other students who sign up to attend their talk. The presentation slides will be turned in to portfolios for a writing grade; this project is due April 25.
Science: None due to discussion of our Mackinaw trip, the importance of thinking ahead, and the ramifications of poor choices.
Social Studies: We reviewed the location and names of the continents and finished up notes about French Explorers in our minibooks.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 2
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 2
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- March is Reading Month. Class goal: 100 books (limit of two “just right” picture books for each student) by March 28!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers (full list): Jadin and Hannah. Thanks for your generosity!
- Visit our Mackinaw Field Trip page for more information on our May 9 trip.