April 10th, 2008
Spelling: Today students created their Words to Learn lists from the words they missed on the last spelling test.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of at least seven words each are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: Students continued to work on their I-Search projects (click here for more details) by collecting research on their I-Search 2008 class wiki pages, planning their presentations using webs created with Bubbl.us, and searching UnitedStreaming for related video clips and images. I also demonstrated how to use MrHowd.com Google Docs (docs.mrhowd.com) to create a presentation that can be edited from school and home.
A summary of the project:
Students will research their I-Search question using print and internet sources and create a digital presentation using PowerPoint or MrHowd.com Google Docs presentation software. Students are collecting their research on our I-Search 2008 class wiki. Later, students will present their findings to other students who sign up to attend their talk. The presentation slides will be turned in to portfolios for a writing grade.
The I-Search presentation is due April 25.
Math: We reviewed right, acute and obtuse angles and played a game to review for the test on Monday over estimating, rounding and multiplication.
Science: None on Thursdays due to library.
Social Studies: We reviewed the French and Indian War SQ3R organizer and discussed our Mackinac trip coming up next month.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 3
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 45
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Sign up for Spring Conferences online! Click here.
- Students have been asked to bring a brown paper grocery bag to school on Friday.
- This week’s juice volunteers (full list): Jadin and Hannah. Thanks for your generosity!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Visit our Mackinaw Field Trip page for more information on our May 9 trip.