April 9th, 2008
Spelling: Today we focused on when to use there, their, they’re, theirs, and there’s.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of at least seven words each are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles.
Writing: Students continued to work on their I-Search projects (click here for more details) by collecting research on their I-Search 2008 class wiki pages and planning their presentations using webs created with Bubbl.us. They also searched UnitedStreaming for related video clips and images.
A summary of the project:
Students will research their I-Search question using print and internet sources and create a digital presentation using PowerPoint or MrHowd.com Google Docs presentation software. Students are collecting their research on our I-Search 2008 class wiki. Later, students will present their findings to other students who sign up to attend their talk. The presentation slides will be turned in to portfolios for a writing grade.
The I-Search presentation is due April 25.
Math: We reviewed right, acute and obtuse angles and practiced rounding today. Homework is to complete Journal pp. 140-141 started in class.
Science: Students completed two experiments to see how pitch and tension are related. They noticed that tighter objects create high pitches. We also took notes in our minibooks. Homework is to finish the Good Vibrations response sheet.
Social Studies: We finished learning about the French and Indian War. Homework is to complete the SQ3R organizer started in class.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 3
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 38
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Sign up for Spring Conferences online! Click here.
- Students have been asked to bring a brown paper grocery bag to school on Friday.
- This week’s juice volunteers (full list): Jadin and Hannah. Thanks for your generosity!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Visit our Mackinaw Field Trip page for more information on our May 9 trip.