April 15th, 2008
Spelling: None today due to visiting the book fair.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of at least seven words each are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a discussion day and a reading day. Students also finished their magazines and will receive new books next week.
- collecting research on their I-Search 2008 class wiki pages,
- planning their presentations using webs created with Bubbl.us,
- searching UnitedStreaming for related video clips and images, and
- working on their presentation saved on MrHowd.com Google Docs (docs.mrhowd.com). This presentation can be edited from school and home.
A summary of the project:
Students will research their I-Search question using print and internet sources and create a digital presentation using PowerPoint or MrHowd.com Google Docs presentation software. Students are collecting their research on our I-Search 2008 class wiki. Later, students will present their findings to other students who sign up to attend their talk. The presentation slides will be turned in to portfolios for a writing grade.
The I-Search presentation is due April 25.
Math: We started a unit on division today. Students learned to divide using a multiples of ten strategy. Homework is to finish Journal pp. 147-148.
Science: Students completed a test over sound, vibrations, pitch, and volume.
Social Studies: We learned that Pontiac’s Rebellion led to the British promising land to Native Americans, which angered the Americans and led to the American Revolution. During the Revolution, Britain moved Fort Michilimackinac from the mainland to Mackinac Island so that it could be better defended.
- Yellow magnets: 4
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 3
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 65
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Check your Spring Conference time online! Click here.
- This week’s juice volunteers (full list): Austin and Emma. Thanks for your generosity!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Visit our Mackinaw Field Trip page for more information on our May 9 trip.