April 16th, 2008
Spelling: We learned that some Latin roots are used in English words. The Latin word vocare means “to call,” and shows up in the words, vocation, vocal, voice, advocate, vocabulary and revoke.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of at least seven words each are due Friday.
Reading: None today.
- collecting research on their I-Search 2008 class wiki pages,
- planning their presentations using webs created with Bubbl.us,
- searching UnitedStreaming for related video clips and images, and
- working on their presentation saved on MrHowd.com Google Docs (docs.mrhowd.com). This presentation can be edited from school and home.
A summary of the project:
Students will research their I-Search question using print and internet sources and create a digital presentation using PowerPoint or MrHowd.com Google Docs presentation software. Students are collecting their research on our I-Search 2008 class wiki. Later, students will present their findings to other students who sign up to attend their talk. The presentation slides will be turned in to portfolios for a writing grade.
The I-Search presentation is due April 25.
Math: None today due to the half day schedule.
Science: None today due to the half day schedule.
Social Studies: We wrote notes in our minibooks about the Proclamation of 1763, Pontiac’s Rebellion, the American Revolution and fortification of Mackinac Island. Students then made marshmallow forts and “relocated” them to “Mackinac Island” (the back table).
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 66
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Check your Spring Conference time online! Click here.
- This week’s juice volunteers (full list): Austin and Emma. Thanks for your generosity!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Visit our Mackinaw Field Trip page for more information on our May 9 trip.