April 17th, 2008
Spelling: We reviewed usage of the homophones, there, their, they’re, theirs and there’s. This will be the skill test for tomorrow’s spelling test.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of at least seven words each are due Friday.
Reading: None today.
- collecting research on their I-Search 2008 class wiki pages,
- planning their presentations using webs created with Bubbl.us,
- searching UnitedStreaming for related video clips and images, and
- working on their presentation saved on MrHowd.com Google Docs (docs.mrhowd.com). This presentation can be edited from school and home.
A summary of the project:
Students will research their I-Search question using print and internet sources and create a digital presentation using PowerPoint or MrHowd.com Google Docs presentation software. Students are collecting their research on our I-Search 2008 class wiki. Later, students will present their findings to other students who sign up to attend their talk. The presentation slides will be turned in to portfolios for a writing grade.
The I-Search presentation is due April 25. Students should be adding information to their MrHowd.com Google Docs presentation by this time.
Math: None today due to the half day schedule.
Science: In health today, we reviewed a movie called, Now I Can Tell You My Secret, about a boy who is inappropriately touched by a neighbor. We discussed that, when a student is touched in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable, they have a right to:
- say no,
- get away fast to a safe place,
- tell a trusted adult, or
- keep telling trusted adults if some don’t believe you.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 67
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Check your Spring Conference time online! Click here.
- This week’s juice volunteers (full list): Austin and Emma. Thanks for your generosity!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Visit our Mackinaw Field Trip page for more information on our May 9 trip.