April 18th, 2008
Spelling: Students completed a spelling test and skill test over the homophones, there, their, they’re, theirs and there’s.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of at least seven words each are due Friday; this week’s assignment will be due Monday.
Reading: None today.
- collecting research on their I-Search 2008 class wiki pages,
- planning their presentations using webs created with Bubbl.us,
- searching UnitedStreaming for related video clips and images, and
- working on their presentation saved on MrHowd.com Google Docs (docs.mrhowd.com). This presentation can be edited from school and home.
A summary of the project:
Students will research their I-Search question using print and internet sources and create a digital presentation using PowerPoint or MrHowd.com Google Docs presentation software. Students are collecting their research on our I-Search 2008 class wiki. Later, students will present their findings to other students who sign up to attend their talk. The presentation slides will be turned in to portfolios for a writing grade.
The I-Search presentation is due April 25. Students should be adding information to their MrHowd.com Google Docs presentation by this time.
Math: Students learned how to divide using the partial quotients method. Please see the Student Reference Book for more information on this method of division. Homework is to complete Journal p. 150.
Science: None today.
Social Studies: None due to the half day schedule.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 70
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.