April 23rd, 2008
Spelling: Most students completed their Words to Learn list today from words they missed on their last spelling test. This is your student’s customized spelling list for the next test.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of at least seven words each are due Friday.
Reading: None today due to completing a writing test.
- organizing their research on their I-Search 2008 class wiki pages,
- spell checking their presentations using SpellCheck.net or some other resource,
- searching UnitedStreaming or the web for related images, and
- working on their presentation saved on MrHowd.com Google Docs (docs.mrhowd.com). This presentation can be edited from school and home.
A summary of the project:
Students will research their I-Search question using print and internet sources and create a digital presentation using PowerPoint or MrHowd.com Google Docs presentation software. Students are collecting their research on our I-Search 2008 class wiki. Later, students will present their findings to other students who sign up to attend their talk. The presentation slides will be turned in to portfolios for a writing grade.
The I-Search presentation is due April 25, and will be presented Monday morning, April 28, from 10:30-11:30 am. Family members are welcome!
Science: None due to art.
Social Studies: None today due to work on I-Search presentations.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 7
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.