September 2nd, 2008
Class activities for Tuesday, September 2
Welcome to the new year!
Today was full of start up and meet up activities. We had Spanish right away. Then students came back and took the Mr. Howd test. All students failed, but they were rewarded with a piece of candy. I told them that that was the last time they would get rewarded for not studying for a test!
After lunch, students made locker signs, and picked out partners and lockers. We also played a game to get to know our names.
The day ended with an all-school assembly on behavior and procedures.
- Look for your student’s first day folder. Please complete and return the enclosed forms.
- I’ve asked students to bring in up to three things to put up on our Pride Board. Students are welcome to bring photos, awards, medals-anything that can be put on a bulletin board. Students can replace the items at any time and will get them back at the end of the year.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.
- Volunteers are needed to help with Team Day, this Friday from 2:00-3:40 pm. Students will be participating in team-building activities. All directions will be provided. Please contact me if you would like to help.
- Open House is Thursday, from 6:30-7:30 pm. Come check out the room!
- Find a list of school supplies here. I have poly envelopes for sale for $0.75 each, and dry erase markers for $0.75-$1.00.