September 4th, 2008
Today, students received their first assignment, cursive pages 12-14. Homework is to finish the pages if not done in class. Students also received information on how to login to SnapGrades, our online gradebook. Check your students shuttle folder (folder for take-home notes) for the SnapGrades information.
Students also made “I’d rather be…” bumper stickers about how they would be rather learning, reading, doing math or completing a science experiment.
After lunch, we voted on our class rules. We listed rules we would like to have, but we noticed that all of the rules seemed to go with the High Fives: respect, responsibility, kindness, honesty and courage. So we voted to have only one class rule: Follow the High Fives. See more about class rules here.
We rounded out the day by playing People Bingo and making skits about how to treat books in the library.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 3
- Please complete and return the enclosed forms from your student’s first day folder, if you haven’t already.
- I’ve asked students to bring in up to three things to put up on our Pride Board. Students are welcome to bring photos, awards, medals-anything that can be put on a bulletin board. Students can replace the items at any time and will get them back at the end of the year.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.
- Team Day is tomorrow, Friday, from 2:00-3:40 pm. Students will be participating in team-building activities.
- Thanks for all the families that attended our Open House! It was nice to meet you!
- Find a list of school supplies here. I have poly envelopes for sale for $0.75 each, and dry erase markers for $0.75-$1.00.