October 2nd, 2008
Spelling: We reviewed common spelling patterns for the long i sound: ind, y, i-consonant-e, igh, and i.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 21-23 are due Monday.
Reading: Today was the final reading day in Literature Circles. Some groups worked on questioning as a reading strategy.
Writing: None today due to technology. The next piece of writing, a personal narrative, will be due October 10.
Technology: Some students got their web license. Other students struggled with efficiency as they tried to navigate to the proper website or even to log in. Overcoming this habit will be an important step for these students, as they learn to solve problems on their own instead of waiting for others to solve them.
Math: Students completed a math experiment testing the number of edges, faces and vertices of 3D objects. Homework is to complete Puzzle pg 38.
Science: We learned that high pitches are created by fast vibrations, and low pitches are created by slow vibrations. We also wrote some notes in our minibooks about the relationship between high pitches, fast vibrations, short objects, and low pitches, slow vibrations and long objects.
Social Studies: We finished learning about slavery, the Underground Railroad, and the Civil War.
- Yellow magnets: 6
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 18
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 28): 23
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Schedule your Fall Parent Teacher Conference online now and avoid work and family schedule conflicts.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.