October 8th, 2008
Spelling: We talked about idioms today, expressions that have a meaning different than their literal meaning (e.g., right off the bat, get the lead out, piece of cake).
Writing: We learned today to pick a theme, or topic, and stick to it. It makes it easier to write and easier to understand for the reader. Students also worked on their draft or started revising.
The next piece of writing, a personal narrative, will be due October 17. Students have been informed that writing pieces less than two pages in length (if handwritten) will probably not have enough information to help the reader understand the piece clearly.
Math: Today was the geometry test.
- Yellow magnets: 4
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 15
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29):8
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Bring Western gear tomorrow! We will be taking a class picture tomorrow with a cowboy/cowgirl theme: hats, boots, bandanas, whatever!
- Schedule your Fall Parent Teacher Conference online now and avoid work and family schedule conflicts.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.