October 15th, 2008
Class activities for Wednesday, October 15
Spelling: Students were asked to make their Words to Learn list today. This is a list of words they missed on the last spelling test, and words they can study for the next time. This is their customized spelling list to practice. Some students are not finished with correcting the words, highlighting the words in their writer’s folder, or writing sentences for the homophones, and can finish at lunch.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 27-29 are due Friday.
Reading: Today was the first reading day of the new Literature Circles cycle. Some groups worked on visualizing and inferring as reading strategies.
Students also received their STAR reading level from our October STAR test. The class average reading level grew from 4.40 to 4.61, over two months of growth in one month!
Writing: Students started revising conferences today. They were also introduced to editing conferences and started those. Unfinished conferences can be completed at home.
A personal narrative piece of writing is due into portfolios Friday, October 17.
Math: We reviewed place value today.
Science: None today due to extra time with Writer’s Workshop.
Social Studies: None today due to library.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 1
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 41
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Schedule your Fall Parent Teacher Conference online now and avoid work and family schedule conflicts.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.