October 14th, 2008
Spelling: None today due to the Math MEAP test.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 27-29 are due Friday.
Reading: Students received their new Literature Circles books today:
- Tooter Pepperday
- Bridge to Terabithia
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Keeper of the Doves
- A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning
- Tuck Everlasting
Writing: Students looked at the grade from their previously submitted piece of writing. We also talked about how a piece of writing is more interesting if the topic is written as a story, rather than a list of facts. For example, instead of writing “All About Basketball,” it would be more interesting to write a story about a time when someone played basketball.
The next piece of writing, a personal narrative, will be due October 17. Students have been informed that writing pieces less than two pages in length (if handwritten) will probably not have enough information to help the reader understand the piece clearly.
Math: We reviewed place value today. Homework is to complete Journal pp. 32-33.
Science: None today due to the Math MEAP test.
Social Studies: None today due to the Math MEAP test.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10):1
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 33* A new record!
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Schedule your Fall Parent Teacher Conference online now and avoid work and family schedule conflicts.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.