October 13th, 2008
Spelling: Today was the Unit 2 spelling and skill test.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 27-29 are due Friday.
Reading: Students previewed new Literature Circles books today.
Writing: We talked about how to focus on just the best part of a story: Christmas break (two weeks) > New Year’s Eve (one day) > watching a movie (two hours) > the end of the movie and the ball dropping (20 minutes). By having a narrow focus, the point of the story becomes clear to the reader, and the writer can spend their time writing about just the best, most important parts. With a piece of writing due this Friday, homework is to make sure that there are at least four double-spaced pages for each student’s rough draft.
Math: We had absolutely no time for math today due to some pretty ridiculous choices by a large majority of the class, who chose to be lackadaisical and lethargic in thinking through our learning today. As a result, homework is to complete Journal pp. 29-30.
Science: Today was a science test over sound and energy.
Social Studies: We learned that the Northeast is famous for the Iroquois Indians, who had a cooperative government, and the American Revolution.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10):1
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 27
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Schedule your Fall Parent Teacher Conference online now and avoid work and family schedule conflicts.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.