October 24th, 2008
Class activities for Friday, October 24
Spelling: We learned that homophones are words that sound the same but have different spellings and meanings (there/their, weather/whether, shone/shown, maid/made).
Cursive: Cursive pp. 30-32 were due today.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles. Students also completed a narrative reading test.
Writing: Students continued to work on their draft.A personal narrative, based on a true story (slightly fictionalized), is due November 7. This will be the final writing grade of the first marking period. Your student should be drafting by now.
Math: Today was Math Skills. Your student can complete Math Skills online from any internet connected computer. Have them take you to docs.mrhowd.com and show you their Math Skills tracking sheet.
Science: None today.
Social Studies: We started to learn that the iron and steel from the Midwest is used to make automobiles.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 7
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 94
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Aloha! Want to come to our Hawaiian Beach Bash on October 31? Click here to add your name to the guest list. Thank you for all the generous donations! We should have everything we need for the party. But we could still use a hand at 1:00 on the day of the party for setup, or for clean up!
- Check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time online.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.