October 30th, 2008
Spelling: We reviewed consonant digraphs (ch, th, wh, ph, sh); this will be the skill tested on tomorrow’s spelling test.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 33-35 are available and due Friday.
Reading: None today due to Diversity Day. We went to various stations about setting goals, understanding different cultures and languages, solving conflicts, exploring careers and understanding multiple intelligences.
Writing: None today due to Diversity Day.
Math: None today due to Diversity Day.
Science: None today due to an extra time with social studies.
Social Studies: We learned that the southwest is famous for a dry climate and deserts, coastal plains along the ocean in Texas, and being near the Mexican border.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 3
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 122
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Aloha! Our Hawaiian Beach Bash is tomorrow, October 31! Students, bring Hawaiian/beach clothes to change into after lunch! Set up for the party is at 1:00 pm, with the party starting at 1:30 pm.
- Check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time online.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.