October 31st, 2008
Spelling: Today was the Unit 3 spelling and skill test.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 33-35 are available and due Monday.
Reading: None today due to our Hawaiian Beach Bash Halloween party.
Writing: None today due to our Hawaiian Beach Bash Halloween party. A personal narrative, based on a true story (slightly fictionalized), is due November 7. This will be the final writing grade of the first marking period.
Math: None today due to our Hawaiian Beach Bash Halloween party.
Science: None today due to our Hawaiian Beach Bash Halloween party.
Social Studies: We learned that the southwest is famous for oil and cattle.
Hawaiian Beach Bash: We had a radical time, dude! Thanks to all the families that donated money for the pizza, supplies and food for the party, time to setup, cleanup, and run errands, and for help serving food! We had a great time with Hawaiian pizza, fruit kabobs, punch, and games with surfing, hula-hooping, dancing, putting on Hawaiian shirts, and passing coconuts. Check back later for photos!
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 3
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 129
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time online.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.