November 5th, 2008
Spelling: Today was a preview of upcoming spelling words.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 36-38 are available and due Friday. Students also completed a cursive quiz today.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: We discussed using choice adjectives in writing:
- broiling alleyway
- listless vine
- crackling-dry path
Adjectives answer the question, “What kind?” and help the reader to picture what the story is about.
Math: We reviewed addition today with the partial sums method of addition. Homework is to complete Journal p. 39 using the partial sums method of addition. Check the Student Reference Book for more details on this method.
Science: None today due to library.
Social Studies: We started learning about the West region, discussing its dry climate, fertile valleys, Rocky Mountains, and forests used for logging and lumber.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 4
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 143
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time online.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.